Watercolour seashell and seascapes (intermediate-advanced), Tues 7th Apr, 9am-12pm, 8-15yrs
Due to the current health concerns we have changed all our workshops to online!! We are still keeping our numbers low so that our teachers will have time to interact with each student and give feedback on their work.
Students will create 2 artworks using a variety of watercolour media in this live online workshop. Skills include:
- Pan Palette and watercolour concentrates
- wet on wet and finelining techniques
- understanding perspective
- colour mixing and colour blending
- sketching techniques
- using additives including acrylic and salt for effects.
Even though we are moving our workshops online you still get to chat to Alissa in this live workshop!
Our online workshops will be set up to allow question time, and time for Alissa to respond to your artwork!
What you get:
- 3 hours of online instruction from Alissa, including suggestions to improve your personal painting skills if Alissa can see something he can help you with (maybe you’re already just too awesome?!)
- Question time during the workshop, and at the end. Also the ability to show your artwork to Alissa if you are having trouble with something.
- Access to the replay of the live video for two weeks after the workshop if you need a recap!
- Unmeasurable awesomeness from knowing how to do something you didn’t before!
Date – Tue 7th Apr
Where: online Workshop – you will be sent an email link in the week leading up to your workshop.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING THING READY BEFORE THE WORKSHOP STARTS:
- A set of pan watercolours (the ones that look like little blocks of hard colour – these are available at most cheap shops, our favourite is Mont Marte Studio series paints)
- A set of watercolour concentrates (the ones in the little tubes – our favourite is Mont Martels signature series watercolour paints)
- drawing pencils – at least a HB and a 2H/4H graphite pencil.
- Watercolour pencils or crayons (if possible)
- Watercolour paper (at least 2 sheets, 4 sheets are better!)
- 2 soft paintbrushes – 1 medium, 1 fine
- white acrylic paint
- cooking salt (fine granule)
- a hair dryer that is plugged in near you!
- A fineliner or ballpoint black pen.
- A little bit of scrunchable plastic.
- a kitchen sponge (cut in half)
- Access to a laptop or computer to watch the live video.
- Access to a webcam if you want Alissa to be able to see your work…
- A microphone, or the microphone on your laptop/computer to be turned on if you want to speak or ask questions (if you don’t want to speak that’s fine too! You can type your questions!
If you live locally and want to drop into the studio prior to your session, you can pick an an art pack for an additional $30.
ART PACK FOR WATERCOLOUR WORKSHOPS
Spaces limited to 15 participants.
**Due to the current COVID-19 situation we are trialling our first round of online classes! Please be patient with us and we would LOVE your feedback. If there’s something we could do better, let us know!**
YOUR CHILD’S PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US:
-Our teachers are in control of who joins our online class as we share our sessions with a private link, and ONLY students who have joined the class will have access to the recordings for the week after.
-All students joining will be minors only – we will not allow adults to join this class.
-If you would prefer your child’s webcam to be turned off for the workshop, so no other student can see their face, they are still able to chat with us through the chat bar and if they want feedback on their work they can send a photo of their artwork with any questions after the session to email@example.com for your teacher to respond to.
– If you have any privacy concerns please feel free to call us on 0400 382617 and we can see if we can come up with a solution.
15 in stock