Sewing for our native wildlife – Sat Oct 5th, 10-11.30am ALL PROFITS GO TO LOCAL WILDLIFE ORGANISATION GREEN HEROES
Artlis Studios have joined forces with Green Heroes to help in their endeavour to save orphaned marsupials! In this workshop students will sew a joeys pouch or a bat blanket and decorate it for a very special baby. At the end of the session they will gift their pouch or blanket to Green Heroes to help them save a little life and receive a thankyou card and photo from the cute creatures they are helping. Plus all profits will be donated by Artlis Studios to Green Heroes to support wildlife carers in our community!
– Hand sewing and Machines sewing skills
– How to cut and sew from a pattern
– Understanding fabric types, and how to choose appropriate fabrics and stitches for the job you want it to do!
– Drawing and designing decorative panels on fabric.
– Information about our native wildlife, and the amazing job our wildlife carers do
– How to become a green hero and help the native wildlife around your local community
FROM THE GREEN HEROES EVENT PAGE:
“Sewing kindness with each and every pouch! Upon completion pouches are gifted to orphaned marsupials in care.
Green Heroes is a local environmental education organisation for kids. We aim to empower children with environmental awareness and opportunities to take positive action to preserve and protect native Australian flora and fauna. During this workshop, children are invited to be involved in the Green Heroes Pouches for Joeys Project by sewing, decorating and donating a pouch to an orphaned marsupial in care. Fabric, scissors and threads provided. PLEASE BRING A SEWING MACHINE ALONG IF POSSIBLE. Some machines available. Please advise on booking whether you will be bringing your own machine or needing to loan one on the day. Best suited to childen 9+”
Date – Saturday 5th October, 2019
Where: Artlis Studios, 1/30 Currumbin Creek Road. – UPSTAIRS STUDIO
Teacher: Michaela, Alissa and Green Heroes Volunteers
15 in stock