Inner Child Mumma and Me (Dads welcome!) Workshop, Tues 14th Jan, 10am-12pm, all ages
Do you remember what it felt like to NOT CARE what your artwork looks like? In the process of growing up we often forget how to experiment. We judge our creativity based on it’s outcome, rather than the process and what we have learnt along the way.
Our mini-artists are just at that stage where they are learning what is is to judge themselves and start critiquing their artwork based on what it looks like.
This workshop is designed to connect you with your inner child, and to show your mini-artist it’s ok to experiment without having a visual outcome to work towards. Mistake is just a word that doesn’t exist in our experimental sessions. Let your mini-artist take the wheel and TEACH YOU how to play!
Use a variety of mediums to stick, paint, draw, etch, and splash your way to an artwork full of growth and learning in collaboration with your mini-artist.
Intended personal outcomes of this project:
- Identify with your inner child.
- Allow your mini-artist the opportunity to experiment without “mistakes”
- Identify how different colours make us feel
- Explore emotions, starting with facial expressions, and how they can relate to colour and shapes.
- Discover what our happy colours are.
- Learning how to use art as a creative outlet for our feelings.
Technical outcomes of this project:
- Acrylic techniques
- experimenting with abstract style concepts
- Colour mixing
- brush techniques – mark making
- working with stretched canvas.
Date –tus 14th Jan
Age: all ages
Cost $56 for a parent and child PAIR
Where: Artlis Studios, 1/30 Currumbin Creek Road, Rainbow Studio (downstairs)
Teacher: Miss Michaela
Spaces limited to 6 pairs
6 in stock