Inner Child Adult Workshop, Canvas and Clay, Saturday 7th March, 10am-1pm, Adults only
Do you remember what it felt like to NOT CARE what your artwork looks like? In the process of growing up we often forget how to experiment. We judge our creativity based on it’s outcome, rather than the process and what we have learnt along the way. We want to be perfect, and create something that is eye pleasing – and if we can’t, we give up.
This workshop is designed to connect you with your inner child, nurture the little part of you that just wants to play. When we play, we learn! Even as adults!
Use a variety of mediums to stick, paint, draw, etch, and splash your way to an artwork full of growth and learning in collaboration with your inner child.
Intended personal outcomes of this project:
- Identify with your inner child.
- Allow yourself the opportunity to experiment without “mistakes”
- Identify how different colours make us feel
- Explore emotions, starting with facial expressions, and how they can relate to colour and shapes.
- Discover what our happy colours are.
- Learning how to use art as a creative outlet for our feelings.
- Experimenting with two different art forms to see which one your inner child takes to!
Technical outcomes of this project:
- Acrylic techniques
- experimenting with abstract style concepts
- Colour mixing
- Using pallet knives, brushes, fingers and various other tools for mark making
- working with stretched canvas.
- Working with ceramic clay
The structure of this workshop will be 1.5 hours working through a process canvas piece, focussing on the expressive nature of our painting, and 1 hour working with ceramic clay, focussing on the sensory value of the process.
Date –Sat 7th March
Age: adults only
Cost $70 per adult
Where: Artlis Studios, 1/30 Currumbin Creek Road, Rainbow Studio (upstairs)
Teacher: Miss Michaela
Feel Free to bring lunch, or nibbles or a bottle of wine if you wish! We have glassware, tea, coffee and bikkies available!
10 in stock