Box Lab, Monday Jan 20th, 10am-12pm, 6-12yrs
Box Lab! We will be creating our dream home with boxes, tape and markers – what is your dream home? a rocket ship? a country house? a tree? a robots belly??
Our session will begin with a visualisation activity that will help your mini-artist design their dream home in their mind! Students will start by imagining an empty space and then being given all the tools you need to create your dream home. The students will be encouraged to visualise what that dream home would look like, and when it is built noticing how the space makes them feel. They will then create a quick concept sketch of what their dream house looked like in their visualisation to see how different or similar it ended up looking!
Intended personal outcomes:
- Developing visualisation skills, setting intentions and creating goals for the future.
- Using imagination to create a place where they feel safe and secure.
- Develop an understanding of diversity – Everyone’s safe space/dreams can look different
- Develop coping skills for when things don’t turn out exactly as planned – in comparing our initial sketch to our finished product we expect the students will have made some changes along the way, this will give us opportunity to explore how small changes to plans can create awesome outcomes.
- scissor and tape skills (harder than you think!)
- 3D construction skills
- experimenting with different adhesion methods.
- understanding scale and proportioning.
- Designing and planning artworks
- Creating Imagination based artwork.
Date – Monday Jan 20th,
Where: Artlis Studios, Upstairs studio, 1/30 Currumbin Creek Road.
Teacher: Miss Ella
Spaces limited to 8 participants.
**SUPERVISION BETWEEN MORNING AND AFTERNOON SESSIONS AVAILABLE FOR $5 – LIMITED SPACES – PLEASE CALL UP ON 0400 382 617 TO ORGANISE**
8 in stock