ART TECHNIQUES. Term 2, 10 week course. (Available Monday-Saturday) 20th April-27th June
Our live online art techniques class aims to give students exposure to a range of different art techniques and projects. Some projects run over the course of 2 weeks.
CLASS OPTIONS – Limit of 10 students per class. Please indicate preferred class in the “Additional Info” section at checkout:
Class Option 1:
TEACHER: Michaela (ZOOM)
AGE GROUP: 5-8yrs
Tues 3:30 – 4:30
Fri 3:30 – 4:30
Class Option 2:
TEACHER: Bobby (ZOOM)
AGE GROUP: 6-12 yrs
Mon 3:30 – 4:30
Class Option 3:
TEACHER: Anika (ZOOM)
AGE GROUP: 6-12 yrs
Wed 3.30 – 4.30
Class Option 4:
TEACHER: Ella (ZOOM)
AGE GROUP: see below
Thurs 3:30 – 4:30 (8-14yrs)
Sat 10:30 – 11:30 (6-12yrs)
Class Option 5:
TEACHER: Alissa (HANGOUTS)
AGE GROUP: see below
Tues 3:30 – 4:30 (8-14yrs)
Thurs 3:30 – 4:30 (5-10yrs)
ONLINE WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
What you will get:
- 1 hour of online instruction from our teachers each week for 10 weeks. Your online session will run at the same time each week via zoom.
- Question time at the end of each class and the ability to show your artwork to our teacher and ask questions if you are having trouble with something.
- Access to the replay of the live video after the class if you need a recap!
- Unmeasurable awesomeness from knowing how to do something you didn’t before!
You will need the following supplies throughout the term:
- 2H and 2B drawing pencils (optional extras 5B-8B, 5H and HB) See how to choose a pencil here!
- Charcoal pencil or willow stick – our favourite is the Mont Marte Charcoal Willow
- paper blender stub
- Fimo or Polymer Clay set with at least white, red, yellow, blue, green, purple and pink colours (but lots more if you can!)
- A set of watercolour concentrates (the ones in the little tubes – our favourite is Mont Marte signature series watercolour paints)
- 2 x Canvasses, about 40x30cm.
- Acrylic Paints – our favourite is the Mont Marte acrylic paints 12 set.
- Watercolour paper (at least 3 pages either A3 or A4 size)
- 2 soft paintbrushes – 1 medium, 1 fine (bullet shaped brush)
Supplies can be sourced individually online at www.artshedonline.com.au, or we can supply you with a full art pack for $57. See More details.
SUPPLIES YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE AROUND YOUR HOME:
- A little bit of scrunchable plastic.
- a kitchen sponge (cut in half)
- Plenty of standard printer paper, or a visual art diary with lots of pages available (something you don’t mind making mistakes in!)
- 2-3 toothpicks
- Eraser and sharpener
- a hair dryer that is plugged in near you!
- A fineliner or ballpoint black pen.
- cooking salt (fine granule)
- a kitchen butter knife
- For the mini-sculpture lesson – a clean shiny non porous surface to work on that you can cut onto (a plastic lid, or glass plate is good!)
- Access to a laptop or computer with microphone and webcam enabled OR a smart phone or tablet with Zoom downloaded.
- Your class link (we will send it out to you!)
- Internet/WIFI access.
- Week 1 – Acrylic Cactus Painting Stage 1 – Composition, drawing, planning and design (balance, line, form)
- Week 2 – Acrylic Cactus Painting stage 2 – Acrylic techniques (wet on wet, dry brush, fine-lining), Brush control skills
- Week 3 – Fimo Sculpture – mini super cute dragons – sculpture technique, fine motor skills, 3D design.
- Week 4 – Watercolor Bird Silhouette – Composition, blending, colour mixing, watercolour techniques (wet on wet and fine-lining) colour wheel knowledge, layering, silhouetting.
- Week 5 – Drawing from observation – observational techniques, 3D vs 2D imaging, form shadow, cast shadow, perspective.
- Week 6 – Charcoal – step by step elephant drawing, blending, form shadow, tonal variation.
- Week 7 – Monochromatic underwater Painting Stage 1- Acrylic techniques, layering, blocking in colour, composition.
- Week 8 – Monochromatic painting Stage 2 – overpainting, scratch techniques (Plus art games and discussion on how to find inspiration, what is a muse)
- Week 9 – Mixed media artwork Stage 1 – self portraits – Composition, imagination, surrealism, colour feel, drawing
- Week 10 – Mixed media artwork Stage 2.