Watercolour Workshop with Anika, Surrealism, Sat 4th Apr, 10am-12pm, 5-12yrs
Due to the current health concerns we have changed all our workshops to online!! We are still keeping our numbers low so that our teachers will have time to interact with each student and give feedback on their work.
Cats eating watermelons, cats on sugar crazy high’s, rabbits and foxes in t-shirts. All these strange creatures exist in the surreal artwork of Miss Anika! Join Miss Anika for her watercolour workshop where your mini-artist will explore their imagination and turn it into a watercolour painting drawing inspiration from artists such as Dali, Tim Burton and Miss Anika herself!
Mini-artists will work on a collection of small watercolours, concentrating on:
- Watercolour pencils and watercolour pan techniques.
- choosing a limited colour palette to create a desired feel in artwork
- watercolour layering and blending techniques.
- mixing colours, understanding colour families.
- stretching their imagination, using games and other artworks as inspiration
Date – Sat 4th Apr
Online workshop cost – $17
Where: Online (you will be sent a link to join us in the days leading up to your workshop.)
Teacher: Miss Anika
Spaces limited to 12 participants
ONLINE WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
What you will get:
- 2 hours of online instruction from Miss Anika.
- Question time during the workshop, and at the end. Also the ability to show your artwork to Anika if you are having trouble with something.
- Access to the replay of the live video for two weeks after the workshop if you need a recap!
- Unmeasurable awesomeness from knowing how to do something you didn’t before!
Please ensure you have the following supplies prior to your workshops starting:
- Watercolour Paper (2 x A4 and 4 x A5)
- Watercolour Concentrate Tubes (our favourite is Mont Marte signature watercolours)
- Watercolour pencils (optional but handy!)
- Soft good quality brushes (one super fine, and one medium bullet shaped bristles)
- pencils, sharpener and eraser
- Rags and clean water containers
- Access to a laptop or computer to watch the live video.
- Access to a webcam if you want Anika to be able to see your work…
- A microphone, or the microphone on your laptop/computer to be turned on if you want to speak or ask questions (if you don’t want to speak that’s fine too! You can type your questions!
If you live locally and want to drop into the studio prior to your session, you can pick an an art pack for an additional $30. Click here for more info
**Due to the current COVID-19 situation we are trialling our first round of online classes! Please be patient with us and we would LOVE your feedback. If there’s something we could do better, let us know!**
YOUR CHILD’S PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US:
-Our teachers are in control of who joins our online class as we share our sessions with a private link, and ONLY students who have joined the class will have access to the recordings for the week after.
-All students joining will be minors only – we will not allow adults to join this class.
-If you would prefer your child’s webcam to be turned off for the workshop, so no other student can see their face, they are still able to chat with us through the chat bar and if they want feedback on their work they can send a photo of their artwork with any questions after the session to email@example.com for your teacher to respond to.
– If you have any privacy concerns please feel free to call us on 0400 382617 and we can see if we can come up with a solution.
8 in stock