We now have regular online classes
Thanks to recent events we have seen our studio grow outside the boundaries of our studio walls! Our online classes are all live and interactive and still run by your favourite teachers! We have art packs available for locals, classes programmed for every week and more content than you receive in studio!
You can find all the information about our Term 3 online classes below, just click on the coloured boxes for all the class inclusions, term outline and supplies required. Once you purchase your Term 3 class you will sent an email with all the instructions on how to access your weekly class online.
ART TECHNIQUES ONLINE CLASSES
Our live online art techniques class aims to give students exposure to a range of different art techniques and projects with some projects running over the course of 2 weeks.
This live online class has limit of 10 students per class to ensure the optimum levels of interaction between teachers and students during class. .
- 6-12yrs Tuesday 3.30 with Miss Bobby
OUR LIVE ONLINE CLASS INCLUDES
- 1 hour of online instruction from our teachers each week for 8 weeks. Your online session will run at the same time each week via zoom.
- Question time at the end of each class and the ability to show your artwork to our teacher and ask questions if you are having trouble with something.
- Access to the replay of the live video after the class if you need a recap!
- Unmeasurable awesomeness from knowing how to do something you didn’t before!
You will need the following supplies through the term
- 2H and 2B drawing pencils (optional extras 5B-8B, 5H and HB) See how to choose a pencil here
- A set of watercolours (either concentrates or pans)
- Acrylic Paints – our favourite is the Mont Marte acrylic paints 12 set (image 3 above)
- Watercolour paper (at least 4 pages either A3 or A4 size)
- 2 soft paintbrushes – 1 medium, 1 fine (bullet shaped brush)
SUPPLIES YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE AROUND YOUR HOME
- A little bit of scrunchable plastic.
- a kitchen sponge (cut in half)
- Plenty of standard printer paper, or a visual art diary with lots of pages available (something you don’t mind making mistakes in!)
- Eraser and sharpener
- a hair dryer that is plugged in near you!
- A fineliner, black marker or ballpoint black pen.
- cooking salt (fine granule)
- A candle (birthday candles are the best!)
- Access to a laptop or computer with microphone and webcam enabled OR a smart phone or tablet with Zoom downloaded
- Your class link (we will send it out to you!)
- Internet/WIFI access
- Week 1 and 2 – Gestural Painting – watercolour.
Creating jellyfish artworks with watercolour on watercolour paper. Colour wheel knowledge. Gestural brush techniques. Understanding movement of Line (elements and principles of art).
- Week 3 and 4 – Impressionism Painting – Acrylic Paints.
Painting a canvas with Acrylic paints, inspired by the style of Leonid Afremov. Colour wheel knowledge. Offset Linear Perspective. Ruler skills. Impressionism Techniques. Brush control.
Week 5 and 6 – Drawing and sketching
Grid transfer techniques, shading and gradients. Understanding pencil weight. Observational skills.
Week 7 and 8 – Negative Space Dragonfly
Creating a negative space painting, using watercolours and markers. Zentangling, watercolour techniques, understanding the importance of negative space.
$95 term 2 online class (10 weeks)
Available for Purchase soon!
DRAWING CLASSES ONLINE
We are currently working on making this course great for you!