Why Choose Art?
Art is more than just understanding paint techniques or learning how to draw, it is a way for us to stimulate the Alpha brainwave frequency, the ideal frequency for learning, retaining information and analysing complex situations. Having these Alpha brainwave functions available to us decreases the bodies reactions to stress, fear and tension (most likely because our increased analytical abilities lead to better problem solving) therefore assisting us with creating a stable state of mind, and ultimately allowing our body to concentrate on healing wherever it is needed.
Some studies claim that the effects of the Alpha state can last for days in children and can include:
- Increased problem solving abilities
- Increased learning state (particularly for languages)
- Better memory retention
- Physical and mental relaxation
- Increased ability to analyse complex situations
- Stable state of mind and emotion
- Immune system improvement
- Lowers physical effects of tension and stress
- Lowers hyperactive tendencies