Be a part of Artlis Studios School Holiday Art Competition this September!
The rules are simple:
- Create your own artwork – it can be of anything you like! The more imaginative the better! Or find a creative way of colouring in our free printable Mandala
- Sign your drawing with an original signature!
- Make sure the following details are on the back of your artwork: Name, Age, Contact phone number, email address.
- Get your entry to us in one of the following ways:
- DROP IN TO OUR STUDIO at 30 Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin
- POST TO OUR STUDIO at 1A, 30 Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin, QLD, 4223
- EMAIL A PICTURE OF YOUR ARTWORK to email@example.com or
- UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE including your name and age. Then send us a message via PM with all your other details.
- Our 5 teachers will each get to vote on the winners! 5 winners in different age groups will be sent an Artlis Studios art pack (your choice of dreamcatchers, calming jars, or suncatchers) and one winner will get a $50 voucher to use on classes and workshops in our studio! (Art packs can be sent by mail anywhere in Australia, however the gift voucher winner will have to be local, or be able to use their voucher in our Currumbin Studio in the next 12 months)
Entries can be sent to us between 18th September – 1st October, 2017. Winners will be notified 2nd October, 2017.
We do not charge any entry fee to this competition, you can enter as many times as you like.
All competition entries agree to Artlis Studios using your artwork on public forums for advertising purposes, and to announce our winners.
Winners will be judged on their imagination, creativity and artistic style!
We can not accept traced or printed pictures (other than our free colouring page) as they may infringe on copywrite laws.
FINALLY! we are having a social workshop for any local mini-artists who would like to finish their artwork in the studio. Our teachers are happy to give advice but WILL NOT draw on your artwork, or suggest any changes. All work must be your own original work.
I’ve been researching art competitions for my students, and came across this one – the Picasso Art Contest.
Entry is FREE to any 6 – 19 year olds from any country. Entry is open until 25th February 2016.
They accept nearly any kind of medium (except digital art) including
- Water Color
- Oil Color
- Colored Pencils
- Pen & Ink
- Ball Point Pen
- Mixed Media etc
Any subject, any size is acceptable (except adult themed works, or copyrighted material)
The BEST PART is you can enter online. These are the entry details:
Step ONE: Take a clear digital photo of your mini-artists artwork. IT MUST BE CLEARLY SIGNED with the artists full name in handwriting that is legible.
Step TWO: Send your mini-artists artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org include on the email your mini-artists NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, AGE, STATE, COUNTRY. The email subject should be: “Entry for Season 1”
Be aware! There are some reasons your mini-artist will be disqualified. These are:
- signature not clear on artwork
- artwork contains objectionable subject matter or copyrighted material
- Name, DOB, age, State, country information is not in the email
- online form not filled in
- image is not clear
- the artwork was sent many times
Entry is only open until 25th February 2016, so now is the time to start organising your mini-artist for their entry. I know many of my students already have pieces that would be fantastic entries into this competition.
Here’s the link to the website once more, just in case you missed it:
Happy entering and good luck!!