Art Therapy Gold Coast
Creative Mindfulness Sessions (Art Therapy) – Currumbin Studio
Age Group This Class is suitable for ages 12-16
Location 30 Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin, Gold Coast
Cost $30 per class ($22 if booking and paying term in advance)
Currently our Art Therapist is unavailable. Please contact us for other options!
Our Creative Mindfulness Sessions are aimed at young teens, and will concentrate on developing confidence, identity and self worth through exploring and celebrating our unique creativity. Students will experiment with a range of media and our qualified art therapist will lead them through activities designed to:
– make them feel more powerful when making their own decisions based on what is right for them and to avoid peer pressure
– develop thought strategies to create a positive, supportive inner voice, rather than a negative one
– encourage students to practice gratitude and positive thinking processes
– discover how to use art as a tool to calm, de-stress or express themselves.
– help students identify their emotional support networks and how to use them
– Develop technical knowledge of art media, techniques and art processes
– help students discover creative career options.
– develop their own unique art style and use it to create artworks that reflect their individuality.
These sessions are open to all young teens, regardless of skill level and we regularly offer scholarships for teens who would benefit from these kind of activities but may not be able to access them financially.
Whilst we plan activities for each session we would like to keep the studio an open space for our creative teens and allow them to express themselves in the way that feels best to them.
If you would like to know more about these classes, or to find out if art therapy could be beneficial to your teen, contact us here.